Direct Access Colonoscopy is a streamlined referral program for patients medically appropriate for Gulf Coast Endoscopy Center.
A Direct Access colonoscopy is a procedure that does not require an office or practice visit prior to the procedure. Healthy people can avoid a consultation with our doctors and schedule directly with the center. Patients will see a board-certified physician as well as have their colonoscopy on the same day.
New Medicare regulations now mandate that a physical exam must be done within 30 days prior to a procedure.
You will have a telephone interview to discuss medical history. An exam will be completed on the day of the procedure. If you have had an exam performed by your own health care professional within 30 days, you can take advantage of this program. If you need to see a physician or a member of our medical staff, we will schedule an appointment with you
Gulf Coast Endoscopy Center offers Direct Access colonoscopies for patients who meet the Direct Access scheduling Criteria. Please answer these questions to see if you qualify:
- Over age 75?
- Weight >350 lbs. or BMI >45?
- History of:
- Congestive Heart Failure?
- COPD – Emphysema – Asbestosis – Have Oxygen (O2)?
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary artery stent replacement?
- Angina with recent chest pain or shortness of breath?
- Sleep apena?
- Heart valve repair or replacement?
- Antibiotic prophylaxis for cardiac valves, immunosuppressed patients?
- Implanted defibrillator?
- On any blood thinners? (Plavix-Coumadin)?
- Are you an insulin-dependent diabetic?
- Any organ transplants?
- Kidney failure – severe insufficiency?
- Liver disease or Cirrhosis?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, an office appointment will be necessary prior to any procedures.
If you answered No, you may take advantage of our Express Scheduling service.
For more information contact us and our dedicated staff will get in touch with you shortly. Or Call (239) 939-9939.